...It opened up a window of global experiences and opinions to me through my classmates and professors, allowing me to increase my knowledge and skills at a tremendous speed and depth.
~ Angelic del Castilho, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary
for the Republic of Suriname to Indonesia (December 2008)
Watch 'Learning with Diplo' short video
Who should apply?
- Practising diplomats, civil servants, and others working in international relations who want to refresh or expand their knowledge under the guidance of experienced practitioners and academics.
- Postgraduate students of diplomacy or international relations wishing to study topics not offered through their university programmes or diplomatic academies and to gain deeper insight through interaction with practicing diplomats.
- Postgraduate students or practitioners in other fields seeking an entry point into the world of diplomacy.
- Journalists, staff of international and non-governmental organisations, translators, business people and others who interact with diplomats and wish to improve their understanding of diplomacy-related topics.
Modes of study
- If you simply want to expand your knowledge and develop your skills, you can enrol in our courses as Certificate Courses.
- If you are looking forward to a post-graduate degree, you can enrol in the same courses for credits from the University of Malta and later apply the credits towards a degree programme with Diplo or another institution.
- If you wish to obtain a Postgraduate Diploma or Master's degree in Contemporary Diplomacy, then you can enrol in our academic programme at the University of Malta and take our courses as part of that programme.
Get full details of all our programmes and qualifications.
About studying online
- You don’t need to be a computer expert to benefit from our online courses.
- By studying with 10-20 others from around the world you can feel a rewarding sense of community.
- Active participation and debate are encouraged in our online classroom.
Get all the details and find out what to expect.