To learn more about this 10-day intensive training in digital diplomacy, read the dedicated post (includes links to multiple articles and press releases).
AI, Data, and Social Media in Geopolitics, Foreign Policy, and Negotiations
Capacity Development for Namibia’s Diplomacy
7 – 17 January 2022
The rising interest in digital diplomacy reflects the importance of digitisation for the future of nations around the world. Countries seek to shape their destiny as technology affects every aspect of our lives, from war and peace, through lifestyle and work to our very survival. The COVID-19 crisis has vividly demonstrated the critical relevance of digital infrastructure for modern society.
Digital diplomacy will be discussed from three perspectives during capacity development:
- how countries can advance their interest in digital geopolitics and geoeconomics
- how diplomatic services can negotiate new digital topics such as cybersecurity and e-commerce in multilateral and bilateral negotiations
- how ministries of foreign affairs can make use of new digital tools such as social media, online conferencing, data, and artificial intelligence.
7 January (9:30 – 10:30 – Malta | 10:30 – 11:30 – Namibia)
High-level event for ambassadors and leadership of the Namibian diplomatic service
Welcome statements by
- Hon. Netumbo Nandi-Ndaitwah, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of International Relations and Cooperation of Namibia
- Hon. Evarist Bartolo, Minister of Foreign and European Affairs of Malta
- Hon. Peya Mushelenga, Minister of Information and Communication of Namibia
- Presentation by
- Prof. Jovan Kurbalija, Director of DiploFoundation
11 – 14 January
Just-in-time course on digital diplomacy for Namibian diplomats focusing on:
- digital geopolitics and geoeconomics
- new digital topics on the diplomatic agenda
- new digital tools for diplomatic activities
Participants will consult course materials online with daily online consultations via Zoom (14:00 – 15:00 – Malta | 15:00 – 16:00 – Namibia time). Participants can register here https://forms.gle/ZViVLrq2CwmcTeM27.
17 January (14:00 – 15:00 CET – Malta | 15:00 – 16:00 – Namibia)
Concluding and certification session
In partnership with
Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs of Malta
Ministry of International Relations and Cooperation of Namibia