US Space Command publishes tenets of responsible behaviour in space
- Operate in, from, to, and through space with due regard to others and in a professional manner.
- Limit the generation of long-lived debris.
- Avoid the creation of harmful interference.
- Maintain safe separation and safe trajectory.
- Communicate and make notifications to enhance the safety and stability of the domain.
The tenets, of a non-legally binding nature, highlight the US Department of Commerce’s and US Space Command’s voluntary commitment to mitigate space debris, align space operations with the UN’s long-term sustainability guidelines, and reinforce the US commitment not to conduct destructive direct ascent antisatellite missile tests.