The Serbian Internet Dialogue (IDS – Internet Dijalog Srbije), aimed at gathering stakeholders to conduct open informal discussions and exchanges on development, use and governance of the Internet, is taking place in Belgrade on Thursday, 19th April.
IDS emerged as a result of various global and regional Internet governance initiatives, including the annual Internet Governance Forum (IGF) and the European Dialogue on Internet Governance (EuroDIG).
This year’s event is being organised by the Digital Agenda Authority of Serbia, with the support of DiploFoundation, RNIDS and other partners.
The main topics on the agenda include:
- The Digital Agenda and 2020 plans on a global, European and national level
- Privacy protection
- Child online safety
- Intellectual property rights
- Broadband Internet access
Besides being a programme partner in IDS2012, DiploFoundation is also involved in the planning and organisation of some of the sessions. A number of DiploFoundation alumni and associates will be taking part in the dialogue.
For more information, visit the Digital Agenda Authority's website (in Serbian).
- Remote participation: Follow the live-stream
- Follow updates on the Digital Agenda's Facebook page
- Follow the discussion on Twitter, via #IDS12