- Online Classroom
- Topics in Focus
- More Diplo Sites
The way the Internet is governed will shape future economic and social developments.
Internet governance (IG) is a new topic on the global policy agenda and is addressed in a wide variety of global public and business forums. For many small and developing countries with limited resources and institutional capacity in this sector, it is a major challenge to follow and participate in these processes.
Diplo provides systemic capacity development support through online and blended courses, policy research, policy immersion and community support. In the IG processes, Diplo acts on all levels, from local to global, and works together with many other stakeholders to ensure long-lasting capacity improvement in the sector.
- A significant contribution to Internet governance over the past 10 years, as a capacity building, research, and academic organisation.
- Development of institutional, national and regional capacities for addressing Internet governance issues.
- A generation of Internet governance leaders and pioneers who represent their countries and communities in Internet policy making, and initiate capacity development work in their own surroundings, multiplying the effect of the original programme.
- Communities of practice addressing emerging Internet governance and policy issues in local communities, countries and regions worldwide.
- Get full programme details about our IG courses, forming part of our Internet Governance Capacity Building Programme.
Enrol for our IG courses. Courses include an introductory course in IG, thematic courses on cybersecurity, privacy and data protection, history of the Internet, e-participation, infrastructure, intellectual property rights, and ICT strategic planning, and our Master/Postgraduate Diploma in Contemporary Diplomacy
with Internet governance as an area of specialisation.
- Download the book An Introduction to Internet Governance, or the translated versions.
- Find out about previous projects, including EU-funded work on ICT policy for Africa-Caribbean-Pacific nations.
- Learn more about Diplo’s capacity development approach and methods.
- Explore Internet governance resources.
- Consult Internet governance research papers. You can also consult research papers and texts by area of interest: cloud computing | network neutrality | domain name system (DNS) | cybersecurity | online human rights | privacy | digital divide | child online safety | open data | digital signatures | e-commerce | e-participation | social networks | ICT policy | infrastructure.
- Stay networked, get informed and broadcast your projects in Diplo’s Internet Governance Community.
- Find out how to support us in our work.