ConfTech: From onsite to online
Meetings are at the core of human interaction, governance, and diplomatic practice. The COVID-19 pandemic accelerated the use of technology to organise meetings online. A hybrid format, which combines face-to-face with online meetings, is emerging.
ConfTech’s activities are centred around five pillars – technology, security, moderation, behaviour, diplomacy – as analysed during Diplo’s landmark conference on ‘Future of Meetings‘.
ConfTech achieves its mission through five areas of work:
- ConfTech lab
- Help Desk
- Platforms & tools
Contributions from Switzerland and Finland, and operational support by the Ford Foundation, helped make the ConfTech a reality. Get in touch with us at email@example.com
Become a certified moderator with our Online Meetings and Conferences online course
Online meetings and conferences have become a necessity for most organisations. In our four-week highly interactive and practice-based course, you can learn how to plan, manage, and run successful online events - from choosing and using an appropriate technical platform, and planning the entire process from the initial idea to follow up, to effectively moderating interaction in an online environment.
What skills will you gain?
- How to organise and run online meetings, starting from the initial idea, via practical steps, to reporting and wrapping up
- How to effectively moderate online events
- How to select an approach to online and blended (hybrid) meetings that meets your organisation’s needs
- How to manage the psychological and behavioural aspects of online interaction
- How to select appropriate technical platforms and tools
- How to benefit from the current uses and potential contributions of artificial intelligence (AI) for online events
ConfTech Lab in Geneva
The ConfTech Lab in Geneva was launched in October 2020 with the aim of developing innovative ways of hosting and moderating online and hybrid events. It uses the latest technology to bridge the gap between onsite and online and increase the quality of meetings and conferences. A similar ConfTech lab in Belgrade was launched in January 2021.
COVID-19 has forced the world to shift to a digital way of working and meeting, creating a new normal, which is likely here to stay. While some have managed to adapt easily, others need a helping hand to adapt to online meetings and conferences and select the right approach and tools.
The Help Desk provides immediate advice to help countries and organisations identify solutions and make quick decisions on how to organise and run online meetings and events. The Help desk also helps meeting organisers identify and manage unknown unknowns.
There are two ways to access the Help Desk:
- Consult our FAQ page available here. If your query is not included in our FAQ page, please send us a message by clicking on the chat icon on the bottom right-hand corner and one of our representatives will get back to you shortly.
- Alternatively, send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with your query.
Meeting organisers who are pressed for time can outsource their meeting or event to ConfTech for tailored hands-on assistance. ConfTech can help the meeting organisers in the following activities:
In the previous months, ConfTech has assisted its partners in organising numerous events, such as SEEDIG 6, RegHorizon AI Policy Conference, Youth IGF Turkey, to name a few.
ConfTech helps meeting organisers develop, conduct or moderate online meetings and conferences successfully by developing related guides and manuals.
Click below to access a set of platform guides, do's and don't for hosts and moderators and many other tips and tricks for effective video conferencing.