[Briefing #9] Internet governance in October 2014 Dance of the Titans
04 November 2014 -
Online and WMO building, Geneva
The Geneva Briefing on Internet Governance takes place on the first Tuesday of every month. If you would like to get a regular ‘zoomed-out’ update of the major global IG and digital policies developments, join us online for our next webinar briefing from Geneva, part of the Geneva Internet Platform project, on Tuesday, 4 November, at 12:00 UTC/GMT (13:00 CET). If you are in Geneva, join us in situ; if you are somewhere else, join us online.
You receive hundreds of pieces of information on digital politics.
We receive them, too.
We decode, contextualise, and analyse them.
Then we summarise them for you.
Join us once a month for a round-up of the main IG-related events and developments. Every month, we look back at what happened and look ahead to what’s to come.
The next Geneva Briefing will take place on Tuesday, 4 November, at 12:00 UTC/GMT (13:00 CET). The webinar takes place online, but you can also join in situ at 7 bis Avenue de la Paix, Geneva (WMO building, 2nd floor). To join, please fill in the registration form.
We will discuss, among other topics:
- ICANN51 meeting in Los Angeles, CA, USA: the changes in Government Advisory Committee (GAC), updates on the IANA transition process, and more.
- The ITU Plenipotentiary meeting in Busan, Korea: ITU’s new leadership, major changes in the mandate that will impact IG developments, and more.
- The Trans-Pacific Partnership: The controversies of the recent leaks with regards to copyright, digital rights management, and liability.
- Taxing the Internet: The case of Hungary, other examples, and open issues.
- Forthcoming: Geneva Internet Conference, 18-19 November (with a pre-event on 17 November).
[Update] Webinar digest is now available here.
To keep up-to-date with GIP events, subscribe to our mailing list. More information: firstname.lastname@example.org