Diplo & GIP at WSIS Forum 2017
12 June 2017 - 16 June 2017
DiploFoundation and the Geneva Internet Platform will be actively engaged at WSIS Forum 2017. Join us for the following events and sessions, visit us at the booth, and read our just-in-time session reports and newsletter.
WSIS Forum 2017 just-in-time reporting
Simultaneous events are a challenge to follow. The GIP Digital Watch observatory is providing just-in-time session reports from most sessions, available within a few hours from each session. Read the reports at dig.watch/wsisforum2017 or follow us on @genevagip for direct links. In addition, we will summarise the main themes in a final report, out on Monday, 19th June, 2017.
The GIP’s just-in-time reporting initiative from WSIS Forum 2017 is supported by ICANN and the Internet Society. The GIP is an initiative supported by the Swiss authorities and operated by DiploFoundation.
Diplo / GIP booth
Visit us at the booth throughout the week, for news and updates on major Diplo projects and capacity development activities. A limited number of publications will be available. The booth will also serve as an informal – and traditional – meeting place for alumni and friends. We’d love for you to stop by!
Workshops and other sessions
Join us for the following sessions and events:
- On Monday, 12th June 2017:
- 10:45 am -11:00 am: Exhibition Inauguration (Exhibition Space, ITU Tower).
- 11:00 am – 1:00 pm: The Economics of Cybersecurity (Session 242, Room L2, ITU Montbrillant). Ms Marilia Maciel, Digital Policy Senior Researcher, will be on the panel. Read the report.
- 11:00 am – 1:00 pm: Capacity Building in Underserved Regions (Session 241, Room C1, ITU Tower). Dr Roxana Radu, GIP Programme Manager, will be on the panel. Read the report.
- 2:30 pm – 4:15 pm: Data Needs for Knowledge Societies: Defining Data Skills for International Organisations (Session 261, Room M1, ITU Montbrillant). Session organised by the Geneva Internet Platform, the University of Geneva, and DiploFoundation. The session will be moderated by Dr Katharina Hoene, Project Manager, DiploFoundation. Read the report.
- 4:30 pm – 6:15 pm: The Contribution of Electronic Trade (e-commerce) Platforms to the Sustainable Development Goals (Session 267, Room C1, ITU Tower). Marilia Maciel, DiploFoundation Digital Policy Senior Researcher, will be on the panel. Read the report.
- On Tuesday, 13th June 2017:
- 2.30 pm – 3:15 pm: Moderated High-Level Policy Session 1 (Session 282, Popov Room, ITU Tower). Dr Jovan Kurbalija will moderate the high-level session.
- On Wednesday, 14th June 2017:
- 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm: What Next on the Road to Smart Digital Societies for All? (Session 375, Popov Room, ITU Tower). Dr Jovan Kurbalija, DiploFoundation Director and GIP Head, will moderate the session.
- On Thursday, 15th June 2017:
- 9:00 am -10:45 am: Capacity Building Programmes at ICANN and Elsewhere (Session 298, Room C1, ITU Tower). Dr Stephanie Borg Psaila, DiploFoundation Director Digital Policy, will be on the panel.
(Times are in CEST)