Climate and digital technology, two crucial issues in the governance of our times, were discussed at a seminar co-organised by the College of Europe, the World Meteorological Organisation, DiploFoundation and the Canton and Republic of Geneva.
Experts, diplomats and students from the College of Europe addressed the following issues: climate
(water, aerosols and oceans) and digital technology (data, AI and cybersecurity), and how they influence each other.
speakers at the meeting were, in order of appearance:
- Ms Maja Drazenovic Carrieri, Director of Governance Services, WMO
- Prof Simon Schunz, College of Europe
- Mr Olivier Couteau, Canton and Republic of Geneva
- Dr Jovan Kurbalija, Director, DiploFoundation & Head, Geneva Internet Platform
- Dr Richard Hill, Independent consultant, Richard Hill & Associates
- Ms Livia Walpen, Senior Policy Advisor International Relations, Swiss Federal Office of Communication (OFCOM)
- Mr Serge Droz-Georget, Senior Technical Advisor · Federal Department of Foreign Affairs of Switzerland
- Dr Sara Basart, Science Officer, WMO
- Dr Ermira Fida, Deputy Secretary of the IPCC (International Panel on Climate Change)
- Dr Belén Martín Míguez, Scientific Officer for OOPC (Ocean Observations Physics and Climate panel), WMO
- Ms Sophia Sandström. Project Coordinator, HydroHub, WMO