Workshop on public speaking
21 April 2017 - 22 April 2017
Understanding the basics of good communication (message elements), alongside what it takes to be a good communicator (message delivery), is an intrinsic element of how we do business, of how we function in and relate to the world around us.
A heightened awareness of how others speak, and the skill to identify what went well and what could have gone better, help improve our own speaking styles. Using presentations as a medium of delivery – impromptu, extemporaneous, manuscript, and memorised – this workshop will explore the meaning of good communication, discuss how to provide constructive feedback to other speakers, and focus on finding style and voice.
The workshop is exercise-driven and requires active participation. Participants are asked to prepare a two-minute presentation on a topic of their choice and be ready to present during the workshop. Although the workshop is run in English, the lessons learned are applicable to all languages.
All participants who complete the workshop will receive certificate issued by DiploFoundation.
Ms Mary Murphy is a Budapest-based public speaking coach, specialising in communications training for non-native-English speakers.
1. The workshop consists of two sessions, as follows:
- Friday, 21 April, 17.00 – 20.00 hrs CET
- Saturday, 22 April, 12.00 – 17.00 hrs CET
Click here to read the full programme and check the workshop schedule.
2. Venue: Diplo Centar, Braničevska 12a, Belgrade, Serbia
3. The workshop is offered free of charge, but due to the limited number of places (maximum 15 participants) applications will be assessed on a ‘first come, first served’ basis.
For further information, contact Mr Andrej Škrinjarić at firstname.lastname@example.org or +381 11 4085130