[Briefing #4] Internet Governance in April 2014
06 May 2014 -
The Geneva Briefing on Internet Governance takes place on the first Tuesday of every month. If you would like to get a regular ‘zoomed-out’ update of the major global IG and digital policies developments, join us online for the webinar briefing from Geneva within the Geneva Internet Platform (GIP) project on Tuesday, 6 May 2014 at 13.00 CET.
You receive hundreds of pieces of information on digital politics.
We receive them, too.
We decode, contextualise, and analyse them.
Then we summarise them for you.
Join us once a month for a round-up of the main IG-related events and developments. Every month, we look back at what happened and look ahead to what’s to come.
Our previous webinar provided an overview of March’s developments and an insight into expectations for April.
The next webinar will take place on Tuesday, 6 May 2014, at 13.00 CET.
REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
We will reflect on April’s ‘minefield’ of IG developments, including:
- Net neutrality: The European Parliament adopted the Regulation on the Single Telecoms Market, with strong net neutrality provisions. How will this impact global net neutrality debates?
- IANA transition: The NTIA announced a call for public input and provided more information on the transition process within.
- NETmundial: What were the main outcomes and what is the expected follow-up?
- ITU: The outcomes of the World Telecommunication Development Conference 2014 which took place in Dubai, and the Open Consultation meeting in Geneva for the WSIS+10 High Level Event.
- Freedom Online Conference: What were the main issues raised?
- GIP: Highlights from the official launch of the GIP that took place in Geneva, updates on the just-in-time online course in Internet governance, and results of the data-mining analysis of NETmundial contributions along with the potential of this approach
We will look ahead to May:
- Final meeting of ICANN’s High-Level Panel on Global Internet Cooperation and Governance Mechanisms, 3–4 May in Dubai.
- Additional meeting of the CSTD Working Group on Enhanced Cooperation in Geneva 7–9 May, followed by the 17th Annual session of the CSTD 12–16 May.
- Second annual meeting of the Multistakeholder Advisory Group of the IGF in Paris 19–21 May, to prepare the programme of the 9th IGF in Istanbul in September.
- INET Istanbul event organised by ISOC on 21 May.
- Stockholm Internet Forum on Internet freedoms 27–28 May.
- ITU Open Consultation meeting in Geneva for the WSIS+10 High Level Event in Geneva 28–31 May.
- The GIP: Book Presentation: Peacetime Regime for State Activities in Cyberspace in Geneva 14 May, and Workshop on diplomatic reporting in the Internet era in Geneva 15–16 May.
The webinar will be hosted by Vladimir Radunovic with guests.
Please contact us at email@example.com for further details.
To stay informed about the Geneva Briefings on IG, subscribe to our webinars mailing list.
THE RECORDING OF THE WEBINAR IS NOW AVAILABLE HERE.