Shaping our digital future in Europe: Diplomatic, economic, and security perspectives on digital transformation
21 March 2017 -
The traditional annual event with College of Europe students and professors will focus on the challenges that Europe faces with digital transformation. A panel of experts, together with students and professors, will address the topic of ‘Shaping our digital future in Europe’ from diplomatic, economic, and security perspectives.
The discussion themes include: the EU’s Digital Single Market, the start-up economy, privacy and data protection, and global digital diplomacy. After initial remarks by the panelists, the debate will outline the main challenges and opportunities that digital transformation brings to us individually, to the organisations we work for, and to European societies in general.
- Mr Olivier Coutau, Delegate for International Geneva, Republic and State of Geneva
- Ambassador Olaph Terribile, Permanent Representative of Malta to the United Nations – Geneva
- Mr Philipp Metzger, Director General of the Swiss Federal Office of Communications
- Ms Megan Richards, Principal Adviser, Directorate General for Communications Networks, Content and Technology, European Commission
- Mr Antonio Gambardella, Director of FONGIT, Geneva’s hi-tech business incubator
- Ambassador Thomas Hajnoczi, Permanent Representative of Austria to the United Nations – Geneva
- Dr Jovan Kurbalija, Director of DiploFoundation and Head of Geneva Internet Platform
This event is on invitation only. Please contact Dr Roxana Radu for inquiries at email@example.com