SciTech DiploHub has partnered with other organisations to put forward 5 online sessions with leading world experts (#SciDipTalks) that will explore the role of international cooperation in the current crisis; the European response to COVID-19; the impact of cities, and particularly Barcelona, in global mitigation efforts; the responses to pandemics in Iberoamerica; and, the threats and opportunities of new technologies. This is the fifth event of the #SciDipTalks series. DiploFoundation’s Katharina Höne will be among the speakers.
About this webinar
Technology and data-driven solutions have been at the forefront of successful national responses to the current COVID-19 crisis. Furthermore, social media platforms have been instrumental in informing, and sometimes misinforming, the general public about the pandemic. This session will address the role of technology in advancing global health, with in-depth discussions about the potential impact of digital strategies on data privacy and human rights. It will also reflect upon the role technology plays during health crises, and the responsibility of digital platforms.
The event will take place on Monday, 11th May 2020 at 18:00 CEST / 16:00 UTC, online.
Speakers for this event include:
- Kathleen Carley (Professor in the School of Computer Science at Carnegie Mellon University)
- Xavier Ferràs (Associate Professor at ESADE Business School)
- Katharina Höne (Senior Researcher in diplomacy and new technology at DiploFoundation)
- Elizabeth M. Renieris (Fellow at the Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University)
- Moderator: Esther Paniagua (Science and Technology Journalist)
For more information about the event and to register, visit the dedicated webpage.