Round-table on current practices and trends in the use of e-learning platforms
02 December 2019 -
United Nations Office Geneva
What are the current and potential uses of e-learning platforms? How can learning be made more coherent and co-ordinated?
The round-table discussion is being organised by the Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) of the United Nations system, together with the Geneva Learning Network and DiploFoundation.
The aim is to share knowledge in regard to the current and potential uses of e-learning. The round-table also aims to compare, analyse and reflect on the future of e-learning.
The JIU will consider these conclusions and findings as it prepares its official report on learning entitled “Policies, programmes and platforms in support of learning. Towards more coherence, coordination and convergence”.
learning managers in the United Nations system organisations based in Geneva, learning services providers, other interested practitioners;
interested representatives of diplomatic missions;
virtual attendance of UN entities based in other cities;
the JIU project team.
The round-table conference will take place on Monday, 2nd December 2019, Salle XII, United Nations Office at Geneva – 14:00-17:30 (local time).
· Petru Dumitriu, Inspector, Project Coordinator, Joint Inspection Unit
· Jesús Guerrero, Chief, Management and Communications Unit,
Centre for Learning and Multilingualism, United Nations Office at Geneva
Introduction: reflections on the future of e-learning
· Jessica Dehler Zufferey, Executive Director, LEARN, Center for Learning Sciences, Ecole politechnique fédérale de Lausanne
Keynote presentations on e-learning platforms
· Andrew Law, Director, Open Media, The Open University
· Jovan Kurbalija, Director, DiploFoundation; Head of the Geneva Internet Platform
· Jean-Marc Tassetto, CEO and Co-Founder, Coorpacademy
· Tom Wambeke, Chief, Learning Innovation, International Training Center, International Labour Organization
· Simon Howson-Baggott, Senior Customer Success Manager, LinkedIn
· Petri Virtanen, CCO, Claned Group
Co-creation on the Internet
· Ilario Valdelli, Education Programme Manager, Wikimedia
· Facilitator: Dejan Dincic, Visiting Professor, International University in Geneva (IUG) & DiploFoundation
The event will be live-streamed.