The launch event of the Geneva Digital Talks (GDT), organised by the Canton of Geneva, will take place on 12 October 2017, 18:00 – 21.00 in Geneva, Switzerland.
The aim of the GDT is to contribute towards finding inclusive and sustainable digital governance solutions by encouraging the participation of Geneva-based organisations in global cyber discussions. Moreover, through knowledge-sharing and confronting experiences, GDT ultimately aims at overcoming ‘policy silos’ and building bridges across sectors.
The event will start with a keynote address by Mr Pierre Maudet, State Councillor for Security and Economy at the Canton of Geneva. The discussion will cover opportunities and challenges of digitalisation, with a specific focus on cybersecurity and digital economy. Dr Jovan Kurbalija, Director of DiploFoundation and Head of the Geneva Internet Platform will moderate the event.
The panel will further feature
- Dr Stefanie Frey, Managing Director, Deutor Cyber Security Solutions Switzerland GmbH & former Coordinator of the Swiss Cybersecurity Strategy
- Mr Antonio Gambardella, Director of FONGIT
- Ambassador Frank Grutter, Head of the Division for Security Policy in the Directorate of Political Affairs, The Federal Department of Foreign Affairs, Switzerland
- Prof. James Larus, Dean of EPFL’s School of Computer and Communication Sciences
- Prof. Jacques De Werra, Vice-Rector of the University of Geneva.
For inquiries contact Mr Michael Kleiner at firstname.lastname@example.org