The GIP Digital Watch observatory, an initiative of the Geneva Internet Platform (operated by DiploFoundation), is a comprehensive Internet governance and digital policy observatory. The platform – at https://dig.watch – provides a neutral one-stop shop for live developments, overviews and explanatory texts, events, resources, and other content related to Internet governance and digital policy. It draws from the strengths of its partners’ assets: the resources DiploFoundation has developed over the past 16 years, and the Geneva Internet Platform's international reach.
- maintains a comprehensive live summary of the latest developments in digital policy;
- provides an overview of issues, actors and ongoing processes;
- maintains a live calendar of upcoming and past events, and public consultations, and provides just-in-time reporting from digital policy events;
- provides access to the latest research and data on Internet policy;
- is enriched by quantitative research (e.g. data-mining of open data, topic profiling);
- relies on a team of 50+ digital policy experts from around the world, for digital policy research and analysis.
The three Digital Watch pillars
The observatory forms part of the GIP Digital Watch initiative, run by the Geneva Internet Platform and operated by DiploFoundation, which provides a solution for practitioners of Internet governance and digital policy who need to acquire information and become informed stakeholders on issues they care about. The online observatory complements two other pillars forming part of GIP Digital Watch:
- The Geneva Digital Watch newsletter, a monthly newsletter which includes round-up of developments, interviews with prominent IG experts, and articles on various digital policy areas. Learn more about the newsletters, access the archive, and download the latest issue.
- Monthly GIP briefings on Internet governance in Geneva and online, which take place every last Tuesday of the month. As of 2016, local hubs are being established worldwide with the aim of encouraging sustainable discussions in local communities, and to share regional perspectives during the monthly briefings. Learn more about the GIP briefings and how to set up a local hub, and access the archive.
- Visit the GIP Digital Watch observatory
- Learn more about the taxonomy, partnerships, and team behind the observatory
- Read about the just-in-time reporting initiatives from digital policy events
- Get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org