Science Diplomacy Capital for Africa initiative
The Science Diplomacy Capital for Africa (SDCfA) is a joint initiative of the Department of Science and Innovation (DSI) and the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) that is open to partnerships.
The initiative has various aims, including:
– using collaboration to further South African and African science, technology, and innovation for tackling global challenges, while capitalising on opportunities
– promoting multilateral collaboration to address challenges humanity faces
– promoting science collaboration across Africa and beyond, while leveraging and connecting technology innovation with humanity
– embedding a culture of learning, underscored by good governance
– putting science diplomacy at the heart of Africa’s socio-economic development and growth
From 2023 to 2025, the initiative will focus on value-add interventions that are aligned with the UN’s sustainable development goals (SDGs).