Artificial intelligence (AI) course aims to provide in-depth knowledge that will enable participants to assess critically the consequences of AI and understand the opportunities and challenges it creates in the fields of policy and diplomacy. It provides an interdisciplinary coverage of the topic, encompassing technical, political, legal, and ethical issues related to AI.
This course builds on the research and analysis conducted by Diplo’s AI Lab.
This course can be taken as part of the Advanced Diploma in Internet Governance.
Who should apply
The course will be of interest to:
- Officials in government ministries or regulatory bodies, including diplomats who deal with technology issues.
- Staff of intergovernmental, international, and regional organisations in charge of Internet and ICT policy, technology, and development.
- Postgraduate students, academics, and researchers in the fields of machine learning and AI.
- Professionals from the corporate sector wishing to understand the interplay between AI and regulation.
- Journalists covering technology-related issues.