Discussion: Cyber detente after the Biden–Putin summit in Geneva
25 June 2021
Cyber detente after the Biden–Putin summit in Geneva
Friday, 25th June
12:00 UTC (08:00 EDT | 14:00 CEST | 20:00 CST)
Join us for a discussion on cyber detente with diplomats, tech experts, and researchers from Russia, the USA, and other countries.
A cyber detente between Russia and the USA started in Geneva with the easing of tensions and the kick-off of bilateral cybersecurity consultations. Our discussion will focus on the future of cyber detente, monitored around the:
- Prosecution of (some) cybercriminals and groups
- Dynamism of the bilateral expert dialogue and overall cooperation
- Impact of a cyber detente on other global policy processes
Join us on Friday, 25th June, 14:00 CEST for a lively discussion on the future of cyberpeace!
- Ambassador Asoke Mukerji, Former Permanent Representative of India to the UN in New York
- Mr Chris Painter, former coordinator for cyber issues of the US State Department
- Mr Oleg Shakirov, Consultant at PIR Center; Senior Expert at the Center for Advanced Governance
- Dr Stephanie Borg Psaila, Director of Digital Policy, DiploFoundation
Moderator. Prof. Jovan Kurbalija, Director of Diplo and Head of Geneva Internet Platform (GIP)