Prof. Jovan Kurbalija, Director of DiploFoundation and head of the Geneva Internet Platform, will participate in the Geneva Cybersecurity Law & Policy Conference, which will be held on 21 June 2018, in Geneva. Prof. Kurbalija will moderate the panel discussion on ‘The future of cybersecurity: artificial intelligence and other challenges’.
The Geneva Cybersecurity Law & Policy Conference will be held on 21 June 2018, in Geneva, Switzerland. The event, organised in the framework of a research project between the University of Geneva and the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, will be held under the theme ‘What civil liability for cyber-attacks’.
Discussions will revolve around legal and policy aspects of cybersecurity. The programme is built around the following main themes:
- Civil liability for cyber-attacks: Selected issues and challenges
- Cybersecurity damages and private law, interactions between civil and criminal liability for crimes, insurance against cyber-attacks, cybersecurity liability, the economics of cybersecurity.
- Data Protection and Cybersecurity Breaches: What Risks of Liability?
- Swiss, Israeli, and EU perspectives
- Risk management: What standard of care for victims of cyber-attacks?
- Risk mitigation and management strategies, standards in the banking and financial industry, regulating autonomous cars, standards in the software industry.
- The Future of cybersecurity: Artificial intelligence and other challenges.
For more information, visit the event webpage.