- Online Classroom
- Topics in Focus
- More Diplo Sites
Would you like to develop analytical skills in challenging Information and communication technology (ICT) and Internet governance (IG) topics that have strategy and development dimensions? Would you like to learn how to write a research proposal, with the help of expert tutors and a qualified editor?
The Policy Research Methodology course offers you this, and much more. The course is an intensive 8-week online programme designed as an introduction to the principles and practices of policy research, development, and implementation.
It follows a 'project-based' approach, in that participants are expected to gain practical and theoretical knowledge and apply this in their assignments. At course end, participants will have written and polished a research proposal.
- Dates: The course starts on 17 September 2012 and runs for 8 weeks
- Topics: Policy research, perspective of developing countries, research methodology, research cycles, policy-making models, evidence-based policy, open data, linked data, Gov 2.0, consultation, engagement and participation, prediction, evaluation and dissemination
- Methodology: Analysis of course materials, interactive group discussions, assignments
- Platform: Diplo’s new online e-learning platform
- Language: English
- Award: DiploFoundation Certificate upon successful completion
- Fees: €500. The best participants from the IGCBP12 (Foundation and Advanced Phases) will be considered for a VeriSign scholarship.
- Apply: Read the full programme details. Update: The call for applications has now closed.
The Policy Research Methodology course forms part of the Policy Phase - the third phase of the Internet Governance Capacity Building Programme. More info on Diplo’s capacity building initiatives is available here. Visit our IG: In Focus page for IG resources, events, activities, and much more.